Wi-Fi capacity requirements in classrooms, office spaces, and medium-size venues are rising due to the increase in the number of Wi-Fi connected devices. An increase in bandwidth requirements for applications and an ever-growing assortment of IoT devices puts further strain on already stretched Wi-Fi networks.
The R550 access point (AP) with the latest Wi-Fi 6 (802.11 ax) technology delivers the ideal combination of increased capacity, improved coverage and affordability in dense environments. The R550 is our mid- range dual-band, dual-concurrent AP that supports four spatial streams (2×2:2 in 2.4GHz/5GHz). The R550 supports peak data rates of up to 1774 Mbps and efficiently manages up to 512 clients connections.
- Stunning Wi-Fi Performance – Mitigate interference and extend coverage with patented BeamFlex+™ adaptive antenna technology utilizing several directional antenna patterns.
- Serve more devices – Connect more devices simultaneously with four MU-MIMO spatial streams and concurrent dual-band 2.4/5GHz radios while enhancing device performance.
- Converged access point – Allow customers to eliminate siloed networks and unify Wi-Fi and IoT technologies into one single network by using built-in BLE and Zigbee, and also expand to any future wireless technologies.
- Automate Optimal Throughput – ChannelFly dynamic channel technology uses machine learning to automatically find the least congested channels. You always get the highest throughput the band can support.
- Better Mesh Networking – Reduce expensive cabling, and complex mesh configurations by checking a box with SmartMesh wireless meshing technology to dynamically create self-forming, self-healing mesh networks.
- More than Wi-Fi – Support services beyond Wi-Fi with RUCKUS IoT Suite, Cloudpath security and onboarding software, SPoT Wi-Fi locationing engine, and RUCKUS analytics.
|Antenna Patterns, per band||64|
|Antenna Gain||Up to 3 dBi|
|Controller Support||RUCKUS Cloud | SmartZone | Standalone | ZoneDirector|
|Ethernet Ports||2 x 1GbE|
|PHY Rate at 2.4 GHz, maximum||574 Mb/s|
|PHY Rate at 5 GHz, maximum||1200 Mb/s|
|Radio Chains and Streams||2×2:2 (5 GHz/2.4 GHz)|
|Rx Sensitivity at 2.4 GHz||-97 dBm|
|Rx Sensitivity at 5 GHz||-97 dBm|
|Venue Type||Education | Hospitality | Office/Retail|
|Venue Sub-Type||Classroom | Hallways | Office Space|
|Wi-Fi Interface Standard||IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax|
|Wi-Fi Interface Standard at 2.4 GHz||802.11ax|
|Wi-Fi Interface Standard at 5 GHz||802.11ax|